Recreation and Sports Managers

(NOC 513)


In general, you need an advanced university degree and several years' experience in your profession, field or industry. In some instances, you may substitute appropriate work experience for educational qualifications. Some may need supervisory experience.

To be a recreation and sports manager, you need a university degree in recreology, physical education, sports administration or a related field, or a college diploma in recreation or sports administration. You may need certification in an area such as coaching.

Many recent entrants have an undergraduate university degree, and almost 1 in 10 has a graduate degree.

Degrees Associated with This Career


Degree Modifier


Useful Experience/Skills

Business management
Entrepreneurship skills
Communication skills

Useful Secondary School Subjects

English (Communication)
Computer-related courses

Brock University
St. Catharines, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Sport Management Bachelor; Honours
Recreation and Leisure Studies - Therapeutic Recreation Bachelor; Honours
Request Info
Algonquin College
Ottawa, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Recreation and Leisure Services Diploma
Recreation and Leisure Services (Entry into Level 03) Diploma
Request Info
Canadore College
North Bay, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Recreation and Leisure Services Diploma
Request Info
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Recreation and Leisure Studies Bachelor; Co-op; Honours
Recreation and Leisure Studies Bachelor; Honours
Request Info
Memorial University – St. John’s Campus
St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, CA

Related Program(s):
Recreation Bachelor; Co-op
Recreation Bachelor
Request Info
view all
Modified on January 26, 2022