Chemical Engineers

(NOC 2134)


In general, you need a university degree in your chosen area of engineering or in a related field.

You may also need a master's degree or doctorate in a related engineering field.

As an engineer, you are eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) after graduation from an accredited educational program, after three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering, and by passing the professional practice examination.

You need a licence from a provincial/territorial association of professional engineers to practise as a professional engineer (P. Eng.).

Most recent entrants have an undergraduate university degree, and almost 3 in 20 have a graduate degree.

Degrees Associated with This Career


Useful Experience/Skills

Project management
Team project work
Proposal writing
Making presentations
Financial management
Committee work on industry ethics

Useful Secondary School Subjects

Industrial Arts
Blueprint Reading

Trent University
Peterborough, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Chemical Engineering: Trent/Swansea Dual Degree (B.Sc. & B.Eng.) Bachelor
Request Info
Ontario Tech University
Oshawa, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Comprehensive Engineering Bachelor; Honours
Request Info
Cape Breton University
Sydney, Nova Scotia, CA

Related Program(s):
Engineering: Chemical Bachelor; University Transfer
Bachelor of Science Bachelor; Co-op
Request Info
The University of Queensland
Brisbane, AU

Related Program(s):
Engineering - Chemical Engineering Bachelor; Honours
Engineering Bachelor; Honours
Request Info
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Chemical Engineering Bachelor; Co-op; Honours
Request Info
view all
Modified on January 26, 2022