Other customer and information services representatives answer enquiries and provide information regarding an establishment's goods, services and policies and who provide customer services such as receiving payments and processing requests for services.
Customer service representatives in retail establishments
- Answer, in person or on the phone, enquiries from customers
- Investigate complaints regarding the establishment's goods, services and policies
- Arrange for refunds, exchange and credit for returned merchandise
- Receive account payments
- Receive credit and employment applications.
Contact centre agents
- Take customer orders for goods or services
- Promote goods or services
- Respond to enquiries and emergencies
- Investigate complaints and update accounts.
Customer service representatives in insurance, telecommunication, utility and similar companies
- Explain the type and cost of services offered
- Order services
- Provide information about claims or accounts
- Update accounts, initiate billing and process claim payments, and receive payment for services.
Information services representatives
- Provide information to customers and the public concerning goods, services, schedules, rates, regulations and policies in response to telephone and in-person enquiries.
Accounts information clerk
Bus information clerk
Complaints clerk - customer service
Contact centre agent - customer service
Courtesy Desk Clerk
Customer service representative - call centre
Information clerk - customer service
Public Relations Clerk
Tourist information clerk
Other customer and information services representatives are employed by retail establishments, contact centres, insurance, telecommunications and utility companies and other establishments throughout the private and public sectors.
Here are some schools that have programs related to this career: