Urban and Land Use Planners

(NOC 2153)

What do Urban and Land Use Planners do?

Urban and land use planners prepare and recommend land development plans for urban and rural areas and remote regions.

How to become: Urban and Land Use Planners

A bachelor's degree in urban and regional planning, geography, architecture, engineering or a related discipline is required.

A master's degree in one of these disciplines may be required.

Membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners is usually required.

Membership in a provincial planning institute may be required in some provinces. In Quebec, they must be members of the Ordre professionnel des urbanistes du Qu├ębec.

Where to study for a career as: Urban and Land Use Planners

The University of Queensland
Brisbane, AU

Related Program(s):
Regional and Town Planning Bachelor
Request Info
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Planning Bachelor; Co-op; Honours
Request Info
Olds College of Agriculture & Technology
Olds, Alberta, CA

Related Program(s):
Land and Water Resources Diploma
Request Info
University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta, CA

Related Program(s):
Planning (BSc with Specialization) Bachelor
Land Reclamation Bachelor
Request Info
Western University
London, Ontario, CA

Related Program(s):
Urban Development Bachelor; Honours
HBA/ Urban Development Bachelor; Honours
Request Info
view all
Modified on December 15, 2023

How much do Urban and Land Use Planners make?


Job openings for Urban and Land Use Planners

Job Seekers:
Job Openings: