Established in 1994, McDonald International Academy (MIA) is a fully registered and accredited secondary school inspected by the Ontario Ministry of Education and Training. MIA's credits are recognized by all American and Canadian universities and colleges.
MIA's two campuses provides you with easy access to the school as well as Toronto's many attractions. MIA's main campus is located at the bustling intersection of Yonge/Bloor, the busiest and most prosperous area in the city of Toronto. At the downtown main campus, MIA offers courses from Grade 9 to 12 including ESL programs at five different levels.
MIA North York Campus is located at North York Centre, right next to the North York subway station, close to a North York public library, plus many excellent public facilities. It is an ideal place for you to study. MIA Language Centre at North York Campus provides intensive ESL programs, Business Professional English, and Summer/Winter Short Term ESL programs including university tours.
To help students feel at home and become involved in the Canadian environment, MIA also organizes a Christmas Party, Thanksgiving Turkey Party, and outdoor barbecue. You will enjoy the spirit of Canadian holidays and the brilliant colours of different seasons in Toronto.
1. Canadian and American University Affiliation: McDonald International Academy is affiliated with the State University of New York at New Paltz (SUNY) (www.suny.edu). Our graduates are ensured a placement in SUNY if they have completed six of our Grade 12 credits with a minimum average of 60%. The Grade 12 credits will also be transferred to SUNY as first year credits.
2. All Year Round Enrolment: McDonald operates on a tri-semester system plus summer school (September, January, April, and July), which enables our students to register all year round.
3. Reasonable Tuition Fees: Our tuition fee is very reasonable, only $9,600.00 CAD for one year covering eight courses for students who are applying from overseas and $880.00 CAD for each course for local visa students or $680.00 CAD for each course for Canadian citizen and residents.
4. Small Classes: Small classes mean more personal attention from the teachers, which provides students with a better educational environment and hence more chance for success.
5. High University and College Entrance Rate: Each year, around 300 students graduate from MIA and successfully enter Canadian and US universities and colleges.
6. Counselling in Different Languages: Counselling in English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, and Spanish is available for students and parents.
7. Short Term English Training Program
As our teachers are outstanding, so are our facilities. MIA's classrooms are equipped with computers, Internet connections, and overhead projectors. This enables our experienced teachers to integrate modern techniques into their teaching methodology and to equip students with the most up to date knowledge and skills for the 21st century.
Our computer lab, with its up to date computer hardware and software, provides students with free Internet and e-mail access and makes their research much easier.
B.B.Q. Party, Christmas Party, Summer/ Winter ESL Camp, Thanks Giving/Easter/New Year's/Halloween Party, and trip to Niagara Falls.
Cultural Club, Guitar Club, Newspaper Making, and Public Speech.
Counselling in English, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Spanish.
MIA is affiliated with the State University of New York at New Paltz, the University of Manitoba, and The University of Winnipeg.
MIA believes that activities are an important part of a student's learning experience. Each semester, the school organizes a variety of exciting sport and cultural activities (e.g., watching Blue Jays Baseball and Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey games, and visiting Casa Loma, Royal Ontario Museum, and Art Gallery of Ontario. Day trips to Niagara Falls, CN Tower, and weekend excursions (i.e., Algonquin Park) are also available throughout the year.
Modified on March 07, 2008