The De Beers Group Scholarships for Canadian Women were created to promote the inclusion of women in STEM and STEM-related academic studies at post-secondary institutions in Canada.
There are a maximum of ten (10) awards available through the De Beers Group Scholarships for Canadian Women. Each award is valued at $4,500 CAD.
To be eligible for an award, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- All applicants must be Canadian citizens or have permanent residence status in Canada.
- All applicants must be female.
- All applicants must be entering their first year of an undergraduate program at an accredited Canadian institution.
- All applicants must be entering a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) or STEM-related program.
- Preference will be given to Indigenous women or women of Indigenous descent. Applicants should self-identify Indigenous status in the statement of purpose accompanying their application.
- Preference will be given to those who are located in Northern Ontario, Southern Alberta, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut.