The De Beers Group Scholarships for Canadian Women are proudly offered by De Beers Group in partnership with UN Women through the HeForShe Thematic Champion Initiative. The awards were created to promote the inclusion of women, especially from Indigenous communities, in post-secondary education.
There are a minimum of four (4) awards available through the De Beers Group Scholarships for Canadian Women. Each award is valued at $2,175 USD.
To be eligible for any of the four awards, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- All applicants must be a Canadian citizen or have permanent residence status in Canada.
- All applicants must be female.
- All applicants must be entering their first-year of an undergraduate program at an accredited Canadian institution.
- All applicants must be entering a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) or STEM-related program.
- Preference will be given to Indigenous women or women of Indigenous descent. Applicants should self-identify Indigenous status in the statement of purpose accompanying their application.
- Preference will be give to those who are located in Northern Ontario, Southern Alberta, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut.