The Bill 7 Award is open to individuals who meet ALL of the following criteria:
- individuals who are attending a Post-Secondary Educational Institution in the Province of Ontario;
- who have demonstrated financial need;
- who are attaining their FIRST post-secondary program of study;
- and who identify as lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender, transsexual, two-spirited, and/or queer (LGBTTTQ2S).
Applicants must submit the following documents, along with their complete applications. These documents may be attached in .pdf, .doc or .txt format.
- A copy of OSAP estimate (if applicable)
- Proof of registration / Acceptance from the post-secondary institution
- Reference letter
- Reference letter from a teacher, guidance counsellor, coach, employer, community or social worker, doctor, religious leader or similar professional who can support your application.
- A personal statement, 250 words or fewer, detailing why you should be selected as the recipient of the Bill 7 Award. You may wish to consider how your studies or future work will contribute to the improvement of the LGBTQ community and/or provide us with any other information you feel we should know about you that will make you a good candidate, such as children, family, relationships, disabilities, experiences of discrimination, living situation, geographic context, etc.
Stay connected and get updates through Instagram.