|The Faculty of Social Work offers a four year program of studies leading to the Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree. The BSW program is unique in that it is offered at three urban locations (Calgary, Edmonton and Lethbridge) and in various rural, remote, and aboriginal communities. The Faculty of Social Work offers a Post Diploma route to the BSW. An applicant can be considered for admission into this route if she/he received a diploma from an Alberta college that has a transfer agreement with the Faculty of Social Work and has completed a minimum of 8 university transferable half courses.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- For all routes: A transferable post-secondary English course(s) or English Language Arts 30-1 or equivalent.
- Alberta Social Work Diploma: Alberta social work diploma from a post-secondary institution that has a transfer agreement with the Faculty of Social Work
- University transfer (including UCalgary students): A minimum of 57 units of university transferable non-social work courses plus Social Work 201 (or equivalent)
- Non-Social Work Degree: A non-social work degree from a recognized institution plus Social Work 201 (or equivalent)
- Non-Social Work Diploma: A non-social work diploma from a recognized institution plus 27 units of transferable non-social work courses and Social Work 201 (or equivalent)
- Non-Alberta Social Work Diploma: Social work diploma from a recognized institution that does not have a transfer agreement with the Faculty of Social Work plus 30 units of transferable non-social work courses
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Please see the link above for up-to-date program requirements.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.