University of Calgary
|School:||University of Calgary
|Faculty:||Schulich School of Engineering
|Field of Study:||Energy Management and Systems Technology/Technician
Energy engineers ask questions such as: How do ground conditions impact the installation of wind turbines? Can extraction processes be redesigned to minimize environmental damage? How can our existing power systems be enhanced by renewable energy production?
Energy Engineers find new, efficient, and sustainable ways to supply the world with energy. Our Energy Engineering program addresses the energy industry’s need for engineering graduates who bring a unique mix of technology and engineering science skills and knowledge to the workplace, which sets them apart from graduates of traditional engineering programs. This fully accredited transfer program allows you to combine an energy-related engineering technology diploma from an approved polytechnic institute with an engineering degree from the University of Calgary’s Schulich School of Engineering within as little as 24 months of study.
|URL:||Energy Engineering at University of Calgary
|Cost per year:*||
The calculated estimated cost is for first year tuition with a full course load (5 courses) for both fall and spring semesters.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||80
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Diploma from an approved program at an institution with a transfer program agreement (or equivalent) with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.30. See below for a list.
- Alberta English Language Arts 30-1 or equivalent
- Alberta Mathematics 30-1 or equivalent
- Alberta Chemistry 30 or equivalent
- Alberta Mathematics 31 or equivalent
- Alberta Physics 30 or equivalent
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Please see the link above for up-to-date program requirements.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.