Saint Mary's University
|School:||Saint Mary's University
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts
|Field of Study:||Geography
|Description:||Whether helping local citizens monitor water quality in community waterways, or advising on environmental health priorities in Western Africa, our students don’t just learn about geography — they experience it. Geography encompasses diverse topics, ranging from natural hazards to weather processes. Geography students learn about the effects of humans on natural and built-up environments, and investigate how physical geography can impact the larger environment. In addition to preparing you for a rewarding career, a geography degree equips you for a more informed life in a world where everything you do affects someone or something — not just locally, but globally.
Students have the option to major in Geography through the Science degree program (B.Sc.) or the Arts degree program (B.A.) at Saint Mary’s. Students typically pursue human or cultural geography through the Arts program (B.A.) and physical geography through either the Arts (B.A.) or Science program (B.Sc.).
|URL:||Geography (B.A.) at Saint Mary's University
|Cost per year:*||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70 to 100
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Bachelor of Arts: Four additional academic Grade 12 courses.
Bachelor of Science: Pre-Calculus 12 or Calculus 12; two academic 12 science courses (Biology, Chemistry, or Physics), and one additional academic 12 course.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or CanTEST [min. 4.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80]
If your first language is not English, you must demonstrate that you have the English language skills necessary to be successful in Saint Mary’s University degree programs. The acceptable standards for admission to Saint Mary’s University are:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - 550 (PBT); 80 (iBT);
- International Test of English Language Testing System (IELTS) – minimum 6.5 with no individual score below 6.0;
- CanTEST – minimum 4.5 with no individual score below 4.0;
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL) – minimum 60 with no individual band below 50;
- University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) with grade of A, B or C;
- Pearson PTE score of 58; or
- Successful completion of the highest level of English for Academic Purposes administered by the TESL Centre at Saint Mary’s University.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.