Lakehead University - Thunder Bay
|School:||Lakehead University - Thunder Bay
|Faculty:||Science and Environmental Studies
|Field of Study:||Physics, General
|Description:||Physics is the study of how matter and energy interact in our everyday lives. Our experienced teachers and researchers will provide you with hands-on training that emphasizes problem solving, and the most advanced technology and mathematical methods.
As a Physics student, you will be exposed to cutting-edge information on the following topics:
- Mechanics and Gravitation
- Lasers and Optics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Quantum Mechanics
- Solid State Physics
- Medical Physics
Our program fulfills a broad, comprehensive understanding of the basic laws of Nature. We encourage a multidisciplinary education and the flexibility to combine your Physics degree with a Co-operative Education option, or additional studies in Mathematics, Geology, Biomedical Physics and Education.
|URL:||Physics at Lakehead University - Thunder Bay
|Cost per year:*||
Please note that there is a co-op participation fee for students wishing to enter the co-op stream. The tuition cost estimate is for Year 1 of the program.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70 to 100
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Advanced Functions
Completion of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent high school diploma. A minimum of 6 Grade 12U or M courses, or equivalent, including program specific prerequisite courses. Biology, Chemistry & Physics are recommended.
A minimum 70% overall final average. Admission averages are calculated using the top 6 Grade 12 U or M courses.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 85] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 213]
Applicants whose first language is not English will need to satisfy Lakehead University’s English language proficiency requirements. Applicants can complete one of the following recognized language tests with the required minimum scores: TOEFL PBT-550, CBT-213, or iBT-80; IELTS-6.5; MELAB-85; CAEL-60.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.