Bow Valley College
|School:||Bow Valley College
|Field of Study:||Computer Programming/Programmer, General
|Description:||Gain practical experience in the cycles of software development through hands-on learning and real projects. You'll gain an understanding of industry standards of planning, developing, and quality assurance testing. You'll learn the fundamentals of computer logic, giving you a solid foundation in applying programming skills in a variety of situations. You'll also becoming familiar with emerging topics like user experience (UX) and the internet of things.
This program will be delivered in flexible learning spaces. A laptop computer with course applicable software will be required (specifications below).
- Intel quad core CPU (i5 or i7)
- 8GB RAM (16GB recommended)
- 13 inch 1080p screen (15 inches recommended)
- a dedicated graphics card with 2GB of VRam
- 128GB solid state hard drive (256GB recommended)
- portable hard drive (for data backup)
- Windows 10
** Equivalent specification in an Apple MacBook Pro is acceptable.
|URL:||Software Development at Bow Valley College
|Cost per year:*||
|Careers:||Software EngineerComputer ProgrammersVideo Game Programmers||
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Mathematics
Applicants must have a credit in English 30-1 or 65% in English 30-2 or equivalent and a credit in Math 30-1 or Math 30-2 or equivalent.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based)
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.