University of Manitoba
|School:||University of Manitoba
|Faculty:||Faculty of Agriculture
|Field of Study:||Plant Sciences, General
|Description:||Plant Biotechnology uses applied biology and chemistry to develop advanced knowledge of crop plants and their pathogens. Plant Biotechnologists develop new technologies for crop improvement.
The Bachelor of Science (Agriculture) in Plant Biotechnology provides students with a solid background in genetics, pathology, the physiology of plant growth, and the development of crop plants for food, feed and industrial uses. It also introduce students to the fundamentals and applications of the advanced biotechnologies currently being used in crop development industries and research.
|URL:||Plant Biotechnology at University of Manitoba
|Cost per year:*||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||85
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Applied Mathematics or Grade12 Precalculus
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Computer and Information Science or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics
High school graduation including 5 full credits at the Grade 12 level.
A minimum average of 70% over the following, with no less than 60% in each course:
2. Applied Mathematics or Pre-Calculus Mathematics
3. Two academic senior level courses
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.