St. Lawrence College
|School:||St. Lawrence College
|Field of Study:||Emergency Medical Technology/Technician (EMT Paramedic)
|Description:||This program produces graduates that meet workforce needs by providing them with:
- A solid background in the sciences and theory related to pre-hospital emergency care;
- The ability to manage pre-hospital medical emergencies;
- Knowledge of and the ability to work in accordance with health and safety regulations and the Ambulance Act, as well as other Acts and regulations specific to the field of paramedics in Ontario;
- The theory and skills needed to communicate effectively with patients and other emergency team members.
Accreditation: Graduates of the program are required to write the provincial AEMCA exam to be certified as a Primary Care Paramedic. This certification is required for full and part-time employment in an emergency medical service in Ontario.
This program is not open to International students.
|URL:||Paramedic at St. Lawrence College
|Cost per year:*||
|Careers:||Emergency Medical Technicians (Paramedics)||
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade11 Biology
- Grade11 Chemistry
- Grade11 Mathematics
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) with the majority of Grade 11 and 12 courses at the C, U or M level. For OSSD equivalency options, see our Admission Requirements.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 213] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 55] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60]
|Additional Admission Requirements:||This is a HIGHLY COMPETITIVE program. To be included in the competitive ranking, applications must be complete including all transcripts and proof of enrollment by February 1. Meeting minimum entrance requirements does not guarantee admissions to the program. Please see the Highly Competitive Program Chart (pdf) for more details.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.