|The Script to Screen – Advanced Television and Film program at Centennial College offers a comprehensive, in-depth and hands-on understanding of what goes into developing and producing quality feature films and TV shows. This multidisciplinary two-semester post-graduate program — facilitated by the School of Communications, Media, Arts and Design in the hub of Toronto's film and television district — will be especially beneficial for writers, directors, producers, editors, actors, and other film and television craftspeople who want to expand their industry knowledge.
The major focus of the first semester will be on creating, pitching, outlining, developing, drafting and polishing production-ready short film scripts. During the second semester, you'll have the opportunity to prepare, perform in, shoot and/or post a number of these productions. Additionally, Script to Screen – Advanced Television and Film will see you deconstructing classic films, television shows and scripts of all genres. The program will also provide advanced instruction from industry professionals in your major and minor areas of craft interest, along with extensive employment information.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Degree or a three-year college diploma in any discipline required. We will consider applicants with partial post-secondary education (minimum two years/8 credits and in good academic standing) and relevant work experience.
|Additional Admission Requirements:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Attend a mandatory program admission session where applicants will submit:
- A current resume and a letter of intent that will be used as a basis of discussion on program expectations
- A portfolio of work. One of:
- a film produced or directed by the applicant
- an on-camera audition
- a writing sample, preferably a script
Note: After applying, applicants will receive a letter advising how to book the program admission session.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.