|Mechanical Engineering at Guelph is built around concepts of sustainability and sustainable design to equip graduates to tackle issues associated with emerging technologies. Graduates in mechanical engineering are able to apply mathematical, scientific and engineering principles to a wide variety of fields and find employment across the private and public sectors. The program provides students with a common base of knowledge essential to mechanical engineering, and then allows them to select from a menu of electives to attain a degree of specialization in one of five areas, or to choose electives which broaden their general knowledge base. Elective concentrations are available in the areas of wind and solar energy, food and beverage engineering, mechatronics, manufacturing system design and biomechanics.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||84 to 89
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants are required to have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), with English (ENG4U), Advanced Functions (MHF4U), Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U), Chemistry (SCH4U), Physics (SPH4U), and 1 additional 4U or 4M course.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- 2 of Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 250] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 600] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 89] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70]
|Application Notes : ||To view all accepted English language proficiency standardized tests, please visit: https://admission.uoguelph.ca/englprof
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.