Northern Lakes College

Label Label Label

University Studies

Save Compare

Program Information

School:Northern Lakes College
Faculty:University Studies
Degree:Not Applicable; University Transfer
Field of Study:Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies
Description:Start a university education in your community and save wear and tear on your vehicle! You can take your first 2 years at Northern Lakes College instead of going to a major centre. Our university transfer courses are accessible, affordable, and convenient. Class sizes are small, and instructors are helpful and caring. You can earn university credits towards a Northern Lakes College certificate or diploma. Credits can be transferred into these programs: Addiction Services Worker, Community Health Promotion, Early Learning and Childcare, Educational Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician, Practical Nurse, or Social Work. You can also transfer the university credits to another institution, into programs such as Aboriginal Studies, Arts, Education, General Studies or Social Work. To start planning your university education, please meet with our Program Advisor.

Blended delivery at all campuses using Internet-based programs, such as Collaborate and Brightspace, instructor-led face-to-face classes, online tutorial support and some on-site tutorial support.
Students may also need to travel occasionally to another campus for face-to-face classes to learn particular skills or interact with the instructor and classmates. Costs incurred for this travel are the responsibility of the students. Note: Classes are usually scheduled in 3-hour blocks once per week. Some spring term classes are offered in 3-week blocks of study.
URL:University Studies at Northern Lakes College
Length:60 Week(s)
Cost per year:*
National: $2,286

Total for1 term of full time study (12 credits)

Admission Requirements


These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.

    Fluency in English is required: English 30-1 (60%) or English 30-2 (70%) or ENGL0190 (60%) or an English equivalency (ACCUPLACER assessment). If English is your second language, refer to the International Student Information. You will also need to submit all post-secondary transcripts with your application. If you want to transfer into a diploma or degree program, the program may have other admission requirements, including high school math and science prerequisites. You can discuss the requirements with the University Studies Program Advisor when you select courses.

    Cost Notes : Total for1 term of full time study (12 credits)

    * We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.

    Modified on September 05, 2019