Confederation College

Label Label Label

Personal Support Worker

Save Compare

Program Information

School:Confederation College
Field of Study:Nursing, Other
Description:The one-year Personal Support Worker program is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills to meet the expectations of this role. Personal Support Workers work under the supervision of Registered Nurses or Registered Practical Nurses. Shift work, days and evenings, may be required during long-term care clinical placements.

This program is intended to meet the Ministry of Health guidelines established by its Long-Term Care Division.

Graduates may find employment in private agencies, retirement home, home-care settings, nursing homes, or long-term care facilities. The Personal Support Workers (PSW) are unregulated health care providers who assist persons with the tasks of daily living, such as home management, personal care, family responsibilities, social and recreational activities.
URL:Personal Support Worker at Confederation College
Length:1 Year(s)

Admission Requirements


These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.

    Ontario Secondary School Diploma (or equivalent) with courses from the College (C), University (U), University/College (U/C), or Open (O) preparation levels with Grade 12 English (C/U) Level. or successful completion of the Mature Student Assessment. or successful completion of the General Education Development Test (GED). or appropriate credits from the Academic and Career Entrance program (ACE).

    Test Scores:

    * We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.

    Modified on February 14, 2015