The Technical Writer Ontario College Graduate Certificate program provides you with the skills and training needed for a career in technical communication. Throughout this one-year program, you create different types of workplace documents to help users enjoy all features of a product, service or information. In particular, you learn to:
- research and analyze technical material
- connect with an intended audience
- use specialized tools to author documents
- manage multiple projects to meet the goals of a group
- create structured documents that cater to different user tasks
These skills are so highly prized in the workplace that you can choose to work in either the public or the private sector, and in a freelance, part-time or full-time capacity.
The Technical Writer program will teach you how to create different kinds of online and print documents such as instruction sets, training materials, user manuals, white papers, proposals, online help, instructional videos and podcasts.