The language skills you need for the life you want.
The General Arts and Science - English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Ontario College Certificate program is an academically-oriented English as a Second Language (ESL) program designed for International and Canadian students whose first language is not English.
Improve your academic English language skills for college and job success in a dynamic multicultural setting. Upon successful completion of the program, you obtain an Ontario College Certificate, which provides a pathway into post-secondary studies by satisfying the language requirements for entry into most programs offered at Algonquin College.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent. Applicants with an OSSD showing senior English and/or Mathematics courses at the Basic Level, or with Workplace or Open courses, will be tested to determine their eligibility for admission; OR
Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate; OR
General Educational Development (GED) certificate; OR
Mature Student status (19 years of age or older and without a high school diploma at the start of the program). Eligibility may be determined by academic achievement testing for which a fee of $50 (subject to change) will be charged.
|Application Notes : ||
- All applicants must complete a placement test through the Test Centre, and will be required to pay the current fee of $50 (subject to change).
- Applicants who have previously obtained scores on standardized tests (IELTS,TOEFL, or CAEL) may not be required to take the placement test.
- International applicants should submit their standardized test scores to email@example.com.
- Domestic applicants should submit their standardized test scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants who have completed Pre-EAP with a minimum B- in every course are not required to take the placement test.
- A minimum of high-beginner level English is required for admission. Applicants who test below this level are eligible to take Pre-EAP.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.