Humber’s award-winning Multimedia Design and Development diploma program offers the opportunity to participate in an extensive multimedia design education where you’ll build a range of interactive digital media production skills including web design, mobile interface design, experience design, motion graphics, 2D animation, web coding, streaming, user testing, video and sound editing, user interface prototyping, digital storytelling, and interactive design. Through this hands-on learning process, you will develop the fundamental creative and technical multimedia design and development capabilities needed to pursue employment in videography, motion graphics, web design and interactive content development.
Multimedia Design and Development is one of the three programs within our interaction and design common platform cluster. The first semester of this program is shared with the three-year Web Design and Interactive Media program, and the three-year Graphic Design program. This offers you exposure to the different areas of programming, common elements of design and creative thinking, and collaborative work with students studying to work in complementary career fields. Greater exposure to the ever-evolving exciting world of design and development will allow you to investigate the edges of this area of study, and then you will confirm your focus prior to your second semester of study.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
To be eligible for admission, you must possess the following:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent including these required courses:
- Grade 12 English (ENG4C or ENG4U or equivalent)
- Three Grade 11 or Grade 12 C, M or U courses in addition to those listed above
Mature student status
College or university transfer status
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.0] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 76]
|Additional Admission Requirements:||A portfolio is required.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.