Laurentian University/Universite Laurentienne
|School:||Laurentian University/Universite Laurentienne
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science, Engineering, and Architecture
|Field of Study:||Architectural and Building Sciences/Technology
|Description:||Experience a unique architecture program which highlights design and culture for northern Ontario with an emphasis in developing expertise in wood. Focus on design, culture, technology and professional practice and enjoy courses on the main Laurentian University campus, and at the McEwen School of Architecture, Laurentian's downtown site.
Challenge your creativity through the application of practical building solutions for northern climates, taking into account cultural sensitivities, diverse histories and community profiles.
|URL:||Architectural Studies at Laurentian University/Universite Laurentienne
|Cost per year:*||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||75
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 Français or Grade12 English
- 2 of Grade12 Mathematics
1 English or 1 Français, 2 maths or mathématiques.
Design Studio instruction and reviews, electives and co-op work term placements will be available in French. Assignments can be submitted in either English or French.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 80] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 230] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88]
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
A 1 to 2 page statement of interest (Students will elaborate on their interest in architecture as well as their choice of Laurentian University), 2 letters of reference (Where possible, at least one from a current teacher), 1 portfolio (see website for guidelines; Must demonstrate creative work, either in digital or hard-copy format).
Admission selection is based upon overall submission criteria, and not solely on grade averages.
- Statement of Research Interests
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.