Lakehead University - Thunder Bay
|School:||Lakehead University - Thunder Bay
|Field of Study:||Aboriginal Studies
|Description:||Our Department of Aboriginal Education offers people of Aboriginal descent, as well as people wishing to teach Aboriginal learners, with the opportunity to learn or increase their knowledge of a Native language, and to learn to become a teacher.
As part of the Faculty of Education, our undergraduate programs give you the knowledge, qualifications and cultural understanding to make a difference in your students' lives. We use a multidisciplinary approach to address the academic, cultural and traditional needs of Aboriginal students, educators and communities. You will gain a comprehensive understanding of:
- Teaching practices as they relate to Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal students
- Planning and teaching lessons that apply to different types of learners
- Aboriginal culture and practices as they relate to education
|URL:||Aboriginal Education at Lakehead University - Thunder Bay
|Cost per year:*||
This cost estimate is for Year 1 of the program.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70 to 100
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Completion of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent high school diploma; Gr. 12 U English and 5 additional Gr. 12 U or M credits. A minimum 70% overall final average. Admission averages are calculated using the top 6 Grade 12 U or M courses.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 85] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 213] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5]
To satisfy Lakehead University’s English language proficiency requirements, applicants can complete one of the following recognized language tests with the required minimum scores:
TOEFL PBT-550, CBT-213, iBT-80; IELTS-6.5; MELAB-85; CAEL-60.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Proof of Aboriginal ancestry may be required.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.