|Discover how to manipulate individual atoms and molecules in Materials and Nanosciences at Waterloo. As one of the top nanoscience programs in Canada (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021), this program has lots to offer, including paid co-op opportunities. You'll learn the ins and outs of designing composite materials, ceramics, semiconductor materials, fuel cells, energy storage devices, solar cells, and more. And thanks to small classes, you'll have plenty of opportunity to connect with other students and professors. Through Waterloo's co-op program, you'll earn money, have access to North America's largest selection of co-op jobs, and graduate with up to 2 years of valuable work experience.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||80 to 83
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English (ENG4U)
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- 2 of Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Earth and Space Science or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Mathematics of Data Management
- A minimum final grade of 70% is required in the English and math classes.
- Ontario students need six Grade 12 U and/or M courses.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Not an Ontario high school student?
We'll accept equivalent courses from other provinces and systems of study. Visit Waterloo's website to view the specific requirements for your province or country.
If your first language is not English, please refer to our English language requirements and eligible tests.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.