|The Event Management program at Seneca is unique within Ontario in that it will provide you with a specialization in design for the event and exhibit industry (galas, festivals, parades and trade shows). Aimed at giving you the necessary breadth and depth of knowledge, you will learn analysis, planning, budgeting, sourcing and creation of décor, props and visuals for events and exhibits. You will benefit from industry professionals who have designed the curriculum and deliver it from a practical perspective. They bring their many years of experience in design, special events and exhibit management to assist you in getting the education you need to succeed in a competitive and growing industry.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- A recognized degree or postsecondary diploma from an accredited institution in a design or fine art related program.
- English proficiency at the postsecondary level
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 580] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5]
|Additional Admission Requirements:
|Applicants with a degree or postsecondary diploma in a non-design field will be contacted with instructions on how to submit the following:
- Written English essay - topic will be provided
- Portfolio containing 6 pieces of work that demonstrate your design skills. These can be:
- Artwork (drawings, paintings, sculptures)
- Events you have worked on
- Floral arrangements
- Clothing (designs or physical creations)
- Interiors designs
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.