Fleming College

Label Label Label

Gas & Oil Burner

Save Compare

Program Information

School:Fleming College
Field of Study:Petroleum Technology/Technician
Description:The intensive Gas and Oil Burner program has been specifically designed to address the changing employment and technological needs of the ventilation industry. The program is an ideal career choice whether you are a recent high school grad, are looking for a career change, or are an industry veteran needing to upgrade your current skill level.

Fleming College is a Technical Safety Standards Authority (TSSA) approved regional training centre, authorized to deliver all of TSSA’s Gas and Oil curriculum.
* Gas Technician 3 / Oil Burner Technician 3
* Obtain certification for Level 3 for both fields in a combined intensive daytime course.

Gas Technician 3 component:

This is the initial certificate course for those seeking a G3 certificate, and who do not hold other permanent gas fitter licenses. Learn the skills to:

* purge, install piping or tubing, and reactivate previously installed appliances of up to 400,000 BTUH.
* G3 holders must work under the supervision of a person holding a G1 or G2 certificate.
* Oil Burner Technician 3 component:

The certificate holder may clean, lubricate, or reactivate an appliance, and may clean, remove and replace a flue pipe.
The holder of an OBT 3 may also work on an oil fired appliance with an input of up to 2 U.S. gallons per hour and work on the oil burner, controls or accessories only under the supervision of the holder of an OBT 1 or OBT 2 certificate.
URL:Gas & Oil Burner at Fleming College
Length:1 Year(s)
Cost per year:*
National: $7,011
Careers:Contractors and Supervisors, Heavy Equipment Operator CrewsOil and Solid Fuel Heating MechanicsWaterworks and Gas Maintenance WorkersSee More...

Admission Requirements


These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.

  •   English 

OSSD with the majority of credits at the Workplace (E) level, including English. When Workplace (E) is the minimum course level for admission, (C) and (U/C) courses are also accepted. Mature Students If you are 19 years of age or older before classes start, and you do not possess an OSSD, you can write the Canadian Adult Achievement Test to assess your eligibility for admission.

* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.

Modified on August 09, 2019