- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment
Applicants with transcripts from institutions where the language of instruction is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency with a minimum test score on one of the following language proficiency tests or equivalent scores from another internationally recognized English language test: IELTS overall band of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0, TOEFL iBT 88, CAEL 70, no sub-test band score less than 60, PTE Academic 58, or Conestoga English Language Test (CELT) Band 6.
You may be exempted from this requirement if you meet one of the following requirements:
- Attended, in full-time academic studies, an accredited secondary school (high school) or post-secondary college in an English-speaking country for at least three years, OR
- Attended, in full-time academic studies, an accredited English medium secondary school (high school) for at least three years, OR
- Attended, in full-time academic studies, an accredited English medium university for at least one year, OR
- Resided in an English-speaking country for at least four years immediately prior to application to Conestoga.
It is your responsibility to make all arrangements regarding the writing of any English language proficiency test and to have the official score report forwarded to the Office of the Registrar in a timely manner.