|Field of Study:||Opticianry/Ophthalmic Dispensing Optician
|Description:||In the Opticianry program, you'll acquire the specialized knowledge and skills required to safely and competently dispense subnormal vision devices, contact lenses and eye glasses. You'll also learn the basic science of sight and optics and develop practical spectacle fabrication and dispensing skills.
A mandatory program requirement in a formal work environment. The work term(s) is similar in length to an academic semester and typically involves full-time work hours that may be paid or unpaid. Students must be in good standing and meet all identified requirements prior to participating in the work experience. The successful completion of the work term(s) is required for graduation. Eligibility for participation does not guarantee that a work position will be secured. Additional fees are required for the mandatory work term regardless of success in securing a work position.
|URL:||Opticianry at Seneca College
|Cost per year:*||
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Mathematics
- Grade12 Science
Ontario Secondary School Diploma with a majority of senior credits at the College Preparation (C), University Preparation (U) or University/College Preparation (M) level or Mature Student Status (age 19 or older). ALL applicants must have completed the following subjects (or their equivalents):
- Grade 12 English: ENG4(C) or ENG4(U)
- Any Grade 12 Science (C or U) or Grade 11 Biology (C)
- Grade 12 Mathematics: (C) or (U)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.0]
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.