|The Environmental Science program brings together the study of biology, chemistry, earth sciences and geography to enable its graduates to address complex and multidisciplinary environmental and conservation problems. Through lecture and seminar courses, hands-on laboratory work and field camps, students become proficient in topics such as water resource management, fish and wildlife ecology, ecological restoration, sustainable resource extraction, environmental monitoring, and environmental policy. In the upper years, students take courses in chosen areas of study and hone their skills in preparing research and thesis projects, working in teams and individually on current problems facing environmental science.
Concentrations are available in Geomatics, Ecology, Biodiversity and Conservation; Chemistry; and Earth Sciences. The Environmental Science honours program is accredited by ECO Canada, which aids the graduates of our program in following their own interests and paths to tackle a wide range of environmental issues.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*
|78 to 82
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Chemistry and Biology are recommended.
- 2 of Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Earth and Space Science
- Grade12 Advanced Functions or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 86] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 60] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.