|This program is offered in an alternate delivery format geared specifically to those who are currently working in the field of early childhood education (must be working for a minimum of six months full time, directly with children). This unique alternate delivery program is the only one of this type in Ontario and allows you to complete your diploma while continuing to work in the field.
As a student in Early Childhood Education at Cambrian College, you will have the opportunity to develop the knowledge and skills necessary for the field of early learning and child care. Your studies will blend the theory of child growth and development with practical application experiences in the field. Through interactive classroom experiences, you will design, plan, implement, and evaluate play-based learning for young children from birth to twelve years of age.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- any grade 11 or 12 family studies (C), (U) or (M)
- computer competency in relevant software
|Additional Admission Requirements:||- Two-step TB test
- Standard First Aid Certificate (prior to second field placement)
- Vulnerable Sector Check is required prior to field placements
- Record of up-to-date immunizations
- A note from a physician indicating freedom from communicable diseases and fit to work with young children
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.