|Studying Physics sends you on a journey to the end of the universe or into the centre of an atom. When you study the science of energy and matter, you examine the dynamics of a relationship that has kept great thinkers busy for millennia. Today physicists build lasers, design medical imaging machines and develop applications for nanotechnology. So if you’re ready, sharpen your reasoning skills and open your mind — physics is a discipline that demands as much curiosity as it does strength in mathematics.
As a Physics student, you’ll choose the Physics option, or examine the role of physics in the life sciences in the Biophysics option. You’ll receive a thorough foundation in all branches of physics, including mathematics, classical mechanics, electricity and magnetism, waves and optics, quantum mechanics and modern and theoretical physics.
Graduates leave the program with the knowledge and creative thinking skills required for graduate studies or a career in the pure or life sciences.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Quebec CEGEP: 24
- 2 of Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry
- Grade12 Precalculus or Grade12 Calculus or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- Calculus 1 and Calculus 2 – Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism and Wave, Optics and Modern Physics – General Chemistry and Chemistry of Solutions – General Biology
- OR Natural Science DEC
- OR DEC intégré en sciences, lettres et arts.
High School: C+ overall, B- in math, C+ in sciences
- One math from Pre-Calculus, Calculus, or equivalent
- Two sciences (from Biology, Chemistry or Physics)
See the program page on our website for more details on admissions requirements, including requirements for International Baccalaureate, Baccalauréat français, GCE, or university transfer applicants.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.