|As a student in our School of Kinesiology you will study the science of human movement, physical activity, and their relationship to health, well-being and performance. Our multidisciplinary Kinesiology programs explore how the body moves by studying:
- Musculo-skeletal Injuries
- Motor Development and Control
- Adaptive Physical Activity
- Health, Wellness and Fitness
Additionally, you will learn about the psychological, sociological and cultural factors that influence physical activity in all populations. This breadth of study will teach you to work collaboratively as part of an interprofessional team to deliver the best quality of care in diverse healthcare settings.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70 to 100
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Completion of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent high school diploma; Gr. 12 U English and 5 additional Gr. 12 U or M credits (including prerequisite courses). A minimum 70% overall final average. Admission averages are calculated using the top 6 Grade 12 U or M courses.
Program Specific Prerequisites: English (ENG4U), 1 from: Advanced Functions (MHF4U), Calculus & Vectors (MCV4U), or Data Management (MDM4U); 2 from: Biology (SBI4U), Chemistry (SCH4U), Introduction to Kinesiology (PSK4U), or Physics (SPH4U), 2 additional grade 12 U/M courses
For more information, please visit: lakeheadu.ca/admissions.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58] or Cambridge English for Speakers of Other Languages: Certificate in Advanced English [min. 176] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5]
|Application Notes : ||For a full listing of English Language Proficiency Requirements and accepted tests with minimum scores, please visit:
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.