The Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication (BA) is an interdisciplinary program that will develop your knowledge of media, cultural studies and business alongside theoretical and practical skills. The communication methods learnt and media training students get throughout this course are relevant to careers in professional writing, journalism, public relations, communications, and advertising. Graduates of the BA program will be able to:
- Learn to evaluate and integrate all types of business communication.
- Demonstrate research techniques and methodologies.
- Create ethically and legally sound content for a variety of markets.
- Integrate media and content to communicate persuasively to specific audiences.
- Apply communication methods to business problems and contexts.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||73
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Canadian High School (Grade 12) diploma or equivalent with an overall average of C or better (2.0 on a 4.33 scale)
- Twenty-one (21) years of age or older and out of high school for at least two years, and
- Documented success through academic, professional or volunteer activities
Academic IELTS - 6.5 or better with a minimum of 6.0 in the writing band, or equivalent (for students whose first language is not English). More information is available in the English Proficiency section of this website.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5]
|Application Notes : ||IELTS - 6.5 or better with a minimum of 6.0 in the writing band and no band less than 5.5 or equivalent documentation of English proficiency (applicable to students whose first language is not English).
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
For complete entry requirements, please visit https://ucanwest.ca/admissions/undergraduate.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Work Experience
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.