|Focus on preventing illness, not simply treating people once they get sick. At Waterloo, you'll learn how to promote healthy lifestyles, improve health care systems, and bring together the science and the social aspects of health. Whether you opt for the regular or co-op stream, Health Sciences gives you the skills for improving human health, along with lots of room for electives. And with 5 specializations and dozens of campus-wide minors, you can tailor your studies to your specific areas of interest. Through Waterloo's co-op program, you'll earn money, have access to North America's largest selection of co-op jobs, and graduate with up to 2 years of valuable work experience.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||83 to 86
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Ontario students: six Grade 12 U and/or M courses including:
- Grade12 Biology
- Grade12 Chemistry
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Advanced Functions or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors or Grade12 Mathematics of Data Management
- Any 4U English (minimum final grade of 70% is required)
- Any 4U Mathematics (minimum final grade of 70% is required)
- Biology (minimum final grade of 70% is required)
- Chemistry (minimum final grade of 70% is required)
Advanced Functions and Physics are recommended if you're interested in the Pre-Health Professions specialization.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Not an Ontario high school student?
We'll accept equivalent courses from other provinces and systems of study. Visit Waterloo's website to view the specific requirements for your province or country.
If your first language is not English, please refer to our English language requirements and eligible tests.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.