University of Lethbridge - School of Graduate Studies
|School:||University of Lethbridge - School of Graduate Studies
|Faculty:||Faculty of Management
|Field of Study:||Finance, General
|Description:||Focuses on the study of financial markets, financial instruments and investment decision-making, and analyzes alternative methods in obtaining, managing and using capital. Finance incorporates basic economics,accounting and statistics in simple and complex mathematical models to simplify and study the complete economic reality of financing business and investments. Our recently-launched flagship trading room (Centre for Financial Market Research and Teaching) allows students to experience the micro-structure of financial markets and risk management through trading and investment activities, using real-time financial data and current market information.
A degree or major in finance is required to be considered for the Finance major. The Finance major is available at the Lethbridge (main) campus only.
|URL:||Finance at University of Lethbridge - School of Graduate Studies
|Cost per year:*||
This cost estimate is for Year 1 of the program.
|Careers:||Banking, Credit and Other Investment Managers||
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants normally must meet the following requirements:
- Hold an undergraduate degree in a related discipline
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.00 (based on the uLethbridge 4.00 scale) on the last 20 graded university-level term courses.
- Demonstrate English language proficiency (ELP) for graduate student
- Graduate Management Admission Test [min. 550]
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) or Test of Written English (part of TOEFL) or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based)
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
|Cost Notes : ||This cost estimate is for Year 1 of the program.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.