|Mechanical engineering is a broad field that involves the application of physical principles for analysis, design, manufacturing and maintenance of mechanical systems. Mechanical engineering encompasses the design and manufacturing of products that are used in every facet of society; analysis and prevention of mechanical system failures; and improving the efficiency and reliability of renewable energy systems.
Memorial’s Mechanical Engineering program is unique in that it is a co-operative education program; students will acquire up to two full years of industry experience prior to graduation. Mechanical engineering students will choose from technical streams of mechatronics; petroleum/offshore oil and gas; thermo fluids and energy; or materials and mechanics. Students complete courses in dynamics, strength of materials, vibration, automatic controls, machine design, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, heat transfer, mathematics, materials, mechatronics, and robotics.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||80
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
To apply for admission into the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science, indicate bachelor of engineering in the appropriate place on the undergraduate application for admission. In addition to meeting the general admission requirements, you will also need to meet the admission requirements set out by the Faculty of Engineering.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Data Management or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors or Grade12 Advanced Functions
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Earth and Space Science
- Grade12 Social Science or Grade12 International Languages
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 90] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58] or DuoLingo [min. 115] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.