|The bachelor of education (intermediate/secondary) conjoint with the diploma in technology education is a 69 credit hour, second degree program designed to prepare teachers of grades 7-12 including technology education teachers. Students complete a number of courses that address the development of basic skills and competencies in a variety of technological areas and how to apply them through design and problem-solving processes in a school classroom/laboratory setting. This full-time, professional program, which extends over four consecutive semesters, includes a two-week early internship and a one-semester internship placement.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
To be considered for admission, you must have:
- been awarded an approved bachelor's degree from Memorial University or a university recognized by Memorial University
- completed 36 credit hours in an approved academic discipline
- achieved an overall average of at least 65% in each of the sets of courses chosen above
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Pearson Test of English (Academic) [min. 58] or DuoLingo [min. 115] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 79] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50-60]
|Application Notes : ||Consideration will be given to the courses for which you are registered at the time of application. In assessing applications, consideration will be given to your average in the academic discipline, overall academic performance, personal statement, and references.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.