Ontario Tech University - Graduate Studies
Nuclear Technology (graduate diploma)
|School:||Ontario Tech University - Graduate Studies
|Faculty:||Energy Systems and Nuclear Science
|Field of Study:||Nuclear Engineering
Nuclear/Nuclear Power Technology/Technician
|Description:||The graduate diplomas in Nuclear Technology have been designed to accommodate the needs of personnel working in the nuclear industry, and to promote an orientation toward lifelong learning as students may choose to complete a number of these diplomas over the course of their careers. Students in the graduate diploma programs will upgrade their knowledge and skills to position themselves for transfer and/or advancement within their industry. Graduate diplomas are offered in the following areas:
- Fuel, Materials and Chemistry
- Health Physics
- Operation and Maintenance
- Radiological Applications
- Reactor Systems
- Safety, Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
To earn a graduate diploma, students are required to complete four courses that are relevant to one of the six areas of specialization.
|URL:||Nuclear Technology (graduate diploma) at Ontario Tech University - Graduate Studies
|Cost per year:*||
Cost is per term.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Hold a four-year honours undergraduate degree in engineering, science or mathematics, or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- A minimum B-minus average (GPA: 2.7 on a 4.3 scale or 70 to 72 per cent).
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
Please see the checklist of required documents for a list of supporting documentation that must be submitted with your application.
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Statement of Research Interests
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.