|Launch your career as a commercial pilot.
The two-year General Arts and Science Ontario College Diploma with a concentration in Aviation Management program provides you with the knowledge and skills to become a commercial pilot.
Learn the required level of proficiency necessary to complete the Transport Canada Commercial Pilot License (CPL) written examination (CPAER) and practical flight test. Some classes take place at the Ottawa Flying Club, Rockliffe Flying Club, Cornwall Aviation and the Canadian Aviation and Space Museum, providing all the skills needed to start your career.
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants are required to have:
- Grade12 English
- Grade11 Mathematics
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent. Applicants with an OSSD showing senior English and/or Mathematics courses at the Basic Level, or with Workplace or Open courses, will be tested to determine their eligibility for admission; OR
- Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate; OR
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate; OR
- Mature Student status (19 years of age or older and without a high school diploma at the start of the program). Eligibility may be determined by academic achievement testing for which a fee of $50 (subject to change) will be charged.
Applicants are also required to have: English, Grade 12 (ENG4C or equivalent), and Mathematics, Grade 12 (MAP4C with a grade of 60% or higher) or Grade 11 (MCF3M with a grade of 50% or higher) or equivalent.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.0] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80]
|Application Notes : ||International applicants must submit proof of either: IELTS-International English Language Testing Service (Academic) Overall band of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT) Overall 80, with a minimum of 20 in each component: Reading 20; Listening 20; Speaking 20; Writing 20.
Should the number of qualified applicants exceed the number of available places, applicants will be selected on the basis of their proficiency in English and mathematics.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.