Mount Saint Vincent University - Graduate Studies
Master of Arts in Communication
|School:||Mount Saint Vincent University - Graduate Studies
|Field of Study:||Communication Studies/Speech Communication and Rhetoric
|Description:||This is a thesis-based program. It will prepare you to become a highly-educated communications professional, or pursue further research as an exceptional scholar and academic.
|URL:||Master of Arts in Communication at Mount Saint Vincent University - Graduate Studies
|Cost per year:*||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||74
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
To meet the requirements students must fall under one of the following two categories:
1. A Bachelor of Public Relations (or 4-year equivalent degree in a related field) with a minimum of a B average (GPA 3.0) in the final two years of study.
2. An undergraduate degree in any field with a minimum of a B average (GPA 3.0) in the final two years of study, and a minimum of three years of Public Relations-related work experience (resumé and portfolio required). Candidates who provide documentation of professional accreditation from the Canadian Public Relations Society or the International Association of Business Communicators (or equivalent) will not be required to provide a portfolio.
All Applicants must include an 800-word narrative essay describing the candidate’s profile, research interests and aspirations for leadership in the field of Public Relations, evidence of successful completion of a half-unit of statistics at the undergraduate level and two letters of recommendation (1 professional and 1 academic).
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
Applicants must also submit an 800-word narrative essay describing their profile, research interests and aspirations for a career in the field of Public Relations and both professional and academic references.
- Letter(s) of Reference
- Statement of Research Interests
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.