|Want to see the big picture? At the John Molson School of Business, our Economics major is applied. Because we look at the world though a business lens, you don’t just analyze data to discover how society, politics and the environment interact with business, you also develop business strategies and organizational tactics to tackle economic problems big and small.
In an Economics major in the John Molson School of Business BComm degree, you’ll:
- Study all our core Commerce curriculum
- Acquire a sound background in economic theory
- Place an applied emphasis on organizational analysis and consulting
- Focus on large and international businesses or small enterprises
- Develop sustainable, ethical and competitive management skills
- Choose business-related minors to complement your Economics major
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Quebec CEGEP: 27 overall, 26.5 math
- Grade12 Precalculus or Grade12 Calculus or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
Pre-university (Two-year DEC)
- Average of 26.5 from Calculus 1 and Linear Algebra
- Applicants are eligible for admission once they have completed at least one of these two math courses. The other must be completed during the first year at Concordia.
- Strongly recommended that applicants complete both courses at CEGEP.
Professional/technical (Three-year DEC):
- Those completing a technical DEC in a business-related field may be eligible for admissionStudents who have completed Calculus I and/or Linear Algebra must achieve an average of 26.5 in mathematics.
- Student without Calculus 1 or Linear Algebra, must have achieved a minimum of 75% in Secondary 5 Math (SN, TS or MATH 536). Your high school transcripts must be included with your application. If admitted, you will be required to complete all missing prerequisite courses as elective credits at John Molson.
High School: B overall, B in math
- One math from Pre-Calculus, Calculus, or equivalent.
See the program page on our website for more details on admissions requirements, including requirements for International Baccalaureate, Baccalauréat français, GCE, or university transfer applicants.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.