|Faculty:||School of Communications, Media, Arts and Design
|Description:||Centennial College's Sports Journalism program is a unique graduate certificate offering that will prepare you for a career in the ever-changing world of sports media.
During your time in this Toronto sports journalism program, you'll learn the best practices for the field in a diverse and gender-inclusive environment with peers just as dedicated to and as passionate about sports.
From covering local athletes and professionals to telling the stories behind the games, players and fans, you'll develop specialized talents in:
- Sports writing (print, TV, radio, online, social media)
- Broadcast (producing, on-air performance, chase and field producing, radio hosting, updates)
- Digital (using editorial publishing tools, blogging, video, audio, Storify, etc.)
- Social media (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.)
- News journalism that meets the changing needs of sports coverage (courts, police, etc.)
- Advanced interviewing techniques
- Sports beat journalism
- Print and online imaging
- Hosting in-studio and in the field
- Newspaper and online layout
You'll also have the opportunity to participate in the program's annual trip to baseball spring training, where you'll be able to apply skills and build confidence. Meanwhile, an industry field placement in a sports media organization in Canada or around the world will complement your training.
|Cost per year:*||
This cost estimate is based on 3 semesters, and includes incidental fees.