|Chemistry is the study of the properties of the fundamental building blocks of matter, ranging in size from single hydrogen atoms to complex aggregates of biologically important species. Chemists prepare new compounds and study their composition and structure. This activity, coupled with studies of the way in which chemical reactions occur, allows theories on chemical bonding and reaction to be formulated.
Chemistry can provide the foundation for interesting careers in medicine and medical laboratory work. It can also lead to a career in pharmaceutical design and innovation, or genetic research. Chemistry provides the strong background needed to research and develop discoveries in countless real-world materials, from plastics to foodstuffs to modern materials used in housing, transportation, and computer technology.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||75
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Another senior-level course is also required. Another senior-level course is also required. Only the first two years of Engineering are offered at UNB Saint John.
- Grade12 English or Grade12 Français
- Grade12 Precalculus or Grade12 Mathematics
- Grade12 Chemistry
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Geology or Grade12 Science
It is recommended that students who have not taken any mathematics courses for more than two years take MATH 1863 Precalculus before attempting MATH 1001 or MATH 1003.
Students with less than 75% in each of the PRECALCA120 and PRECALCB120 (or equivalent) may want to consider taking MATH 1863 Precalculus before attempting MATH 1001 or MATH 1003.
|Application Notes : ||
An international applicant is not required to submit proof of English Language proficiency if the applicant has studied in a high school in Canada for a minimum of 1 year and has achieved a minimum of 70% in Grade 12 English (ENG4U/EAE4U or equivalent course).
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.