|Faculty:||Continuing Education (non-credit)
|Field of Study:||Building/Property Maintenance and Management
|Description:||This certificate is designed for people pursuing management positions in the maintenance field and those already in maintenance management looking for formal training. A maintenance professional manages the physical assets of a building and recommends future purchases. Organizations rely on you to improve uptime, production capacity, and equipment reliability, in a safe, environmentally compliant way. Your knowledge of the economic life of assets, return on investment, and effective communication between departments makes you vital to your team. Eight modules make up the MMP Certificate. We recommend you start with Module 1 and then take Modules 2 to 7 in any order. Finish with Module 8 after completing all other modules.
Each course is stand-alone, which means that you can take individual courses, or complete all eight courses necessary to earn a certificate. To earn the certificate, all courses must be completed within 5 years. Financial assistance may be available through the Canada-Alberta Job Grant.
1. An Integrated Strategy for Maintenance Management
2. Production and Operations Management for Maintenance Manager
3. Human Resources Management for Maintenance Manager
4. Financial Management for the Maintenance Manager
5. Developing & Implementing Maintenance Tactics
6. Maintenance Work Management
7. Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
8. Capstone Project