|This interdisciplinary program, offered through the Department of Chemistry and Biomolecular Sciences, combines basic studies from areas such as molecular biology, biochemistry, pharmacology and organic chemistry and adds new courses designed especially for biopharmaceutical science (BPS) students. The goal is to prepare students who, with further specialization, will be ready to work in an interdisciplinary environment at the interfaces between biology, chemistry and health-related sciences.
Students must choose among two options: genomics (for students interested in the genetic and biological aspects of the field) and medicinal chemistry (for those fascinated by organic and biological chemistry). Genomics focuses on molecular biology and the function of genes and proteins in the study of diseases. Medicinal chemistry emphasizes organic and biological chemistry and their application to the production of new and better pharmaceuticals.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||80 to 82
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
A minimum combined average of 70% is required for all prerequisite courses in science and mathematics.
- Grade12 English or Grade12 Français
- 2 of Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Earth and Space Science
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
Students who do not have Calculus and Vectors 4U can take the replacement course at the University either the summer before or during their first term.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70] or Cambridge English for Speakers of Other Languages: Certificate in Advanced English [min. C1] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 86] or CanTEST [min. 4.5]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.