Laurentian University/Universite Laurentienne
|School:||Laurentian University/Universite Laurentienne
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science, Engineering, and Architecture
|Field of Study:||Neuroscience
|Description:||Study a key discipline that strives to relate to all aspects of behaviour, experiences, and feelings to changes in the chemistry, cell activity, and physics of the brain. Understand why abnormal changes in the physical properties of the brain are responsible for many psychological and social adaptation problems and why some changes can produce special behaviours, such as unique talents.
Enjoy a program that is designed to meet the growing demand for scientists and technicians with a broad knowledge of both behavioural and biochemical sciences. Equip yourself with the necessary requirements for medical school and biomedical and psychology graduate programs, as required courses in this program correspond with admission requirements.
|URL:||Behavioural Neuroscience at Laurentian University/Universite Laurentienne
|Cost per year:*||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- 2 of Grade12 Science or Grade12 Mathematics
Either 2 sciences or 1 science + 1 math
Ontario secondary school students who apply for admission to first year at Laurentian University must present an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), as well as at least six grade 12 4U/4M courses (as specified in each program listing) with the minimum grade requirements. For additional information regarding admission prerequisites, contact our Admissions Office at 1-800-263-4188 or 705-675-4843.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 80] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 230] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.