Social Service Worker - Immigrants and Refugees (Accelerated)
|Field of Study:||Social Work
|Description:||The Social Service Worker - Immigrants and Refugees (Accelerated) program prepares you to succeed as a social service provider working with immigrants and refugees. This program provides you with a thorough understanding of pre-migration conditions that cause individuals and communities to leave their countries of origin. The program also prepares you to help clients with challenges they face throughout the process of migration and during the process of integration at the host country.
This is the accelerated version of the Social Service Worker – Immigrants and Refugees (SSWI) program. The accelerated program is demanding and requires students with good academic, time management and interpersonal skills.
|URL:||Social Service Worker - Immigrants and Refugees (Accelerated) at Seneca College
|Cost per year:*||
|Careers:||Social WorkersCommunity and Social Service WorkersSocial and Community Service Workers||
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- A recognized Bachelor of Art degree in Social Sciences from an accredited institution. Under special circumstances, graduates from other related program areas may be considered.
- Academic equivalents for four social service or general education related credits and College English.
- Students with credentials from a foreign institution must be evaluated course by course through WES or ICAS.
- English proficiency at the postsecondary level.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.0]
|Additional Admission Requirements:||A current Police Reference check is required for entry into the field placement component of this program.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.