|Without computer hardware and software, there would be no smart phones, DVD players, digital recorders and critical systems in airplane cockpits, modern cars, or computerized medical devices. As a computer engineer, your knowledge of computer architecture, digital electronics, circuits and digital communication will lead to innovations or bring about another information revolution.
Choose the Avionics and Embedded Systems Option or create your own path based on electives that suit your interests. Our state-of-the-art labs designed for programming in assembly language, digital systems and high-performance computing will give you experience with the tools you will use in the field. Through labs, lectures and projects, you’ll also:
- Learn programming methodology to design data structures and algorithms
- Learn to resolve issues of system interfaces and integration
- Integrate engineering solutions into biomedical and biological systems
- Design Internet of Things (IoT)/cyber-physical systems to solve real world problems
- Design embedded computing and communication systems for high-performance applications, such as a small, unmanned aircraft
All of our Engineering programs are accredited by the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board and you’ll graduate eligible to become a registered professional engineer.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Quebec CEGEP: 26 overall, 25 math, 25 physics
- Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Chemistry
- Grade12 Precalculus or Grade12 Calculus or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- Admission is based on applicants’ overall, math and physics CRC indicated above and completion of the following classes as part of their DEC: General Chemistry 1; Calculus 1 and Calculus 2 and Linear Algebra; Mechanics and Electricity and Magnetism.
Students completing a three-year technical DEC may also be eligible for admission. Eligible technical DECs include 244.A0, 420.A0/BO/AA, 243.D0, 243.C0, 243.B0, 243.A0
- Advanced standing may be possible
- Overall R score of 26 and if taken, 25 in math, 25 in physics
High School: B overall, B+ in math, B in physics
- One math from Pre-Calculus, Calculus, or equivalent
- Grade 12 or university-preparatory physics
See the program page on our website for more details on admissions requirements, including requirements for International Baccalaureate, Baccalauréat français, GCE, or university transfer applicants.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.