|Use your knowledge of human behaviour, equipment, information and modes of communication to develop processes that work. Industrial engineers are experts in optimization who apply mathematics, engineering and psychological principles to improve productivity, safety and quality. A knack for project management can lead to a career in many different economic sectors.
In the Engineering Design and Manufacturing and Computer Integrated Manufacturing labs, you’ll get practical experience with the tools and equipment you may use in the field. Through labs, lectures and projects, you’ll also:
- Study the fundamentals of manufacturing and industrial systems
- Identify trouble spots and develop solutions to improve productivity, quality and safety
- Consider human factors when designing manufacturing processes and systems
- Apply these disciplines to “human systems,” such as government, hospitals, banks and other service sector organizations
Our program is accredited by Engineers Canada and you’ll graduate eligible to become a registered professional engineer.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*
|These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Quebec CEGEP: 24 overall, 23 math, 22 physics
- Grade12 Precalculus or Grade12 Calculus or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Chemistry
- Admission is based on applicants’ overall, math and physics CRC indicated above and completion of the following classes as part of their DEC: General Chemistry 1; Calculus 1 and Calculus 2 and Linear Algebra; Mechanics and Electricity and Magnetism.
- Students completing a three-year technical DEC may also be eligible for admission. Eligible technical DECs include 241.A0 or 235.B0
- Advanced standing may be possible
- Overall R score of 24 and if taken, 23 in math, 22 in physics
High School: B- overall, B- in math, B- in physics
- One math from Pre-Calculus, Calculus, or equivalent
- Grade 12 or university-preparatory physics
See the program page on our website for more details on admissions requirements, including requirements for International Baccalaureate, Baccalauréat français, GCE, or university transfer applicants.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.